Friday, February 6, 2015

Allow me to reintroduce myself

Greetings everyone and thanks for taking your time to read my blog! For those that don't know I am Rajiblaze, MMO gamer extraordinaire. I've been on and off blogging and decided to reinvigorate my brand. Reading back through the old posts, I wondered why the heck did I stop?? I mean I'm not the best writer in the world, but it showed I have some skill in writing what's on my mind! So how are things? I'll give you a brief story on my recent events.

So I continued playing WoW until the end of 2014 doing the damn thing with my troll shaman. Sometime in the middle of MoP I switched sides to the Alliance (thanks to a good friend) and was having a blast running LFRs and Brawler's Guild as a human rogue, a toon I have neglected for a long time. I eventually got him to 90 and continued doing what I was pretty much doing with my horde shammy. Near the end of MoP we ventured into arena matches and managed to get decently geared from it.  




Around fall 2013 Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn released, so me and my friends dabbled around in it. I rolled a pugilist, later turned monk, and it was a fairly decent experience. The graphics (especially coming from WoW) were astonishing! You can tell the developers put a lot of detail in this game, be it big or small. (weather effects, doors opening/closing, etc) My biggest gripe was the slow pace of combat compared to WoW. It just felt sluggish even the the amount of abilities I had acquired as I leveled. I only lasted about a month or so, just couldn't get into it after the mid 30s, though some of my friends continued playing well to the level cap.





Fast forward to 2014 we were more than excited to get our hands on the new Warlords of Dreanor expansion. In fact, we weren't the only one. Apparently, the expansion brought the subscription base back to the 10 million mark! Such an increase from it's past numbers, though when the pre-expansion patch was released, numbers were already slowly increasing. An accomplishment, nevertheless! After enjoying the AWESOME quest lines, hitting level cap and messing around with the garrisons (among other activities) I got burned out (again) around early 2015.

Now here we are in the (currently) present, where my MMO of choice is *gasp* Final Fantasy 14. Why? I decided to push through with the story and my class to the level cap, and I'm glad I did! Although the combat still feels slow paced, I quickly realized that this may be a good thing considering all the crap you got to dodge! The dungeons/raids aren't your typical WoW tank and spank. It's really more akin to Wildstar's crazy use of telegraphs.What is making me stay is wanting to continue with the story lines and completing more raids/trails. They are pretty fun is this game, if I have to say!


So that's were I'm at right now. Who knows where I will be, of if I will ever write another article. As for now, while I'm having fun I'll will continue to post articles and videos along the way. Happy gaming all!

No comments:

Post a Comment