Friday, November 6, 2015

Overwatch not FTP? Madness!

















I know I wasn't alone when I thought Overwatch was going to be released as a free-to-play game with micro-transactions. Not only it's buy-to-play, but it's coming on multiple systems! The horror of it all! 


...not really. Considering Blizzard never went public with the business model, we just all assumed that this was going to be this way. And can you really blame us? It worked with their two previously IPs: Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone.

At the same time it makes a lot of sense to go this direction. At the very least the prices are somewhat reasonable. 40 bucks for the digital-only version and 60 buck for the "origins" version that contains extra skins and goodies you can use in other Blizzard games.




One good thing I can say about this game is that their cast of characters are very interesting in their own way, and with the introduction of three new heroes, it makes their already impressive lineup even more diverse.

I'm a little bummed I have to pay to play this, but man this game looks really good for me not to try it out. I'm not a hardcore PvPer like I used to so we'll just have to see how I feel later down the line. Be nice to get in the beta to get a good feel of the game, but not holding my breath for that! For now I'm satisfied with just reading news hear and there about the games progress. Let's see where this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment