Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Until we meet again, Eorzea!


It's been fun Final Fantasy XIV, but it's time for me to move on. No more hanging out with the Malboro's in the Black Shroud. Farewell to frolicking in the Ul'dan desert. Say bye-bye to the sandy beaches in La Noscea. Seriously, I'm glad that I gave this game another chance especially when I thought I was never going to play it again! Running the remaining dungeons, hitting level 50 for the first time, and doing raids/extreme trials were very memorable moments.  The raid system here is very fun and I love how they set up certain boss fights to take advantage of the different groups. Even leaving the game I still have so many things to accomplish. So why in the world did I decide to take a break?


















Sqaure finally announced the release date of their first expansion, Heavensward. The date is June 23rd, about 3 months away, perfect amount of time to play other games! (I'm looking at you Dragon Age and (hopefully) GTAV) Also, the last thing I want to do is burnout and never play again (or at least for a long time) Although I give the game it's praise, it's still a themepark style MMORPG, like it's competitor World of Warcraft. Meaning there's a level cap and an 'endgame' where you do the most of the repetitive activities. Regardless if you're a novice or a hardcore player, you are going to be doing the same content over and over again in order to gain your reward. Doesn't matter if you're PvPing, running epic quest lines, dungeons, raids, or arenas, we're all chasing that carrot on a stick. And once we caught it, then what? The most fun part of almost every MMO I played was the leveling process. Big shot outs to Aion and Rift (pvp server) for the extra danger and epic fights.

Will I be back in time for Heavensward? I can't lie and say a definite yes. Do I even want to come back to this game is a better question. When you dedicate yourself to an MMORPG, that's a huge time investment regardless of how many hours you play a week. Not dedicating myself to anything frees up a lot more time for other games, or even (shudder) doing something else. Like I always say, time will tell, but for now my MMO leash is off! Until then gamers!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment